Vegan Thanksgiving Roast! Tempeh Mushroom Wellington.
A simple vegan dinner idea for Christmas or Thanksgiving (Or as I like to call it, ThanksLiving)!
This vegan roast recipe is easy to make and will impress even the die-hard meat eaters in your family.
The delicious tempeh and mushrooms will provide you with the meaty rich texture and savory taste that is associated with all your holiday favorites.
So go ahead and give this vegan roast a try at your next holiday gathering and share it with all your friends so they can enjoy some wholesome vegan goodness as well.
1 Celery Stick
4 Garlic Cloves
3 Sprigs of Thyme
3 Sun Dried Tomatoes
125ml White Wine
Bread Crumbs (2 slices of bread whole wheat)
Ready Rolled Pastry x2
Cranberry Sauce (Optional)
- Slice the onion and fry with a table spoon of oil in a medium hot pan and fry until soft and browning
- Cube the tempeh and add to the pan and fry until golden
- Prepare the mushroom mix by roughly chopping the celery, carrot, garlic and sun dried tomatoes and add to a food processor and blitz.
- Roughly chop and add the mushrooms to the food processor and blitz to the consistency you desire (We prefer chunkier)
- Add the mixture to the pan and stir into the onion and tempeh and fry for 5 mins.
- Add the white wine and reduce until there is no liquid left
- Prepare the pastry rolling out a sheet of pastry onto a baking tray, spread the cranberry sauce if using
- Put the mushroom tempeh mixture into the middle of the pastry and form into log
- Prepare the top pastry by creating a lattice and place on top
- Fold in the sides to ensure a seal is created
- Pop in the over for 30 mins at 200
- Remove an enjoy