The Viral Tik Tok Feta Pasta Bake, VEGAN style!
This recipe is stolen straight from TIK TOK and it is super easy and super tasty.
Just boil some pasta, throw some ingredients in the over, mix together and PRESTO, a delicously cheesy vegan dinner.
- 1 red onion chopped
- 2 – 3 Chilis
- 12 small vine tomatoes or 22 oz/600 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 block of vegan feta cheese (200 g)
- 1/4 (60 mL) cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and left whole
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried chili flakes
- 450-500g (16 oz) pasta (we used lentil pasta for extra protein)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, ribboned or roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400F (200C)
- In a large casserole dish, place the block of vegan feta in the centre of the pan. Add the tomatoes, garlic cloves, chilis and your seasonings.
- Now drizzle with oil, then bake for about 25-30 minutes until the tomatoes are well blistered and feta is soft and kind of half-melted.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling water, cook your pasta until desired al-dente and drain.
- Use a fork to mash the tomatoes, garlic, and break up the feta and mix to get a creamy, tomatoey-sauce. Add the pasta and mix well, then add salt and pepper to taste.