The Ultimate Vegan Tofu Scramble | High Protein Vegan Breakfast
This breakfast comes packed with protein and is ready in minutes, making it an absolute favorite!
Serve with a side of sliced avocado to get in your healthy fats and if you want to keep it low-carb and keto friendly, serve it alongside some seeded bread rather than traditional toast.
This recipe works great for meal prep and freezing! The mushrooms provide plenty of moisture and there is no need to add oil when cooking.
- 1 red onion chopped
- 2 – 3 Chilis
- 225 g mushrooms sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 package of Tofu extra firm (We used Cauldron’s Organic)
- 5 – 7 sun-dried tomatoes finely chopped
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3/4 cup basil leaves chopped
- In a large non-stick skillet, cook onions, mushrooms, chilis and garlic with salt until soft and lightly browned.
- Add all the spices and cook for a minute or so until fragrant.
- Crumble in tofu, aim for size and consistency of scrambled eggs. Add sun-dried tomatoes and nutritional yeast. Heat through.
- Mix in chopped basil and serve. Great for meal prep! (Freeze and serve within 30 days)