VEGAN TEMPEH TACOS & JALAPEÑO MARGARITAS
Join us on our vegan friendly Mexican Fiesta!
In this video we prepare some spicy margaritas from scratch using all fresh ingredients. These are delicious and tasty and of course, brilliantly prepared with only the best vegan tacos ever!
Our Tempeh Tacos make for a great Taco Tuesday or just a Friday night fiesta like we had here. Of course, we used locally sourced Tempeh from Tempeh Meades and you can check them out here, but any tempeh will do.
So if you want to learn how to make homemade jalapeño margaritas and vegan tempeh tacos, simply watch the video for a quick tutorial and then follow the recipe below.
And as always, thank you for watching and supporting us!
FOR THE VEGAN TEMPEH TACOS:
6 Corn Tortillas
1 Onion diced
2 Garlic Cloves crushed
1-2 Chilis sliced
2 Peppers sliced
1 Tbsp Oil
1 Tsp Cumin
1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
1 Tsp cayenne pepper
Juice of ½ a lime
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the onion. Sauté for about 5 minutes, until it softens and just starts to brown.
- Add the garlic and chili, sauté for another minute, until fragrant.
- Crumble in the tempeh and add the red pepper. Cook until the tempeh begins to brown and the pepper softens about 5 minutes.
- Add your spices and lime juice and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and build your tacos (Topping Suggestion: Vegan Cheese, Jalapeños, Sliced Cherry Tomatoes, Avocado, Spring Onion, Guacamole, )
FOR THE JALAPEÑO MARGARITAS:
2 oz. Tequila
1 oz. Simple Syrup
1/2 oz. Cointreau
Juice of 2 Limes
3 – 4 Jalapeño Slices
Lots of Ice