Are you looking for a delicious vegan dinner, that you will want to make over and over again?
Well look no further, our Roasted Cauliflower Red Lentil Dhal ticks all the boxes.
The dhal has deep rich umami flavors, the roasted cauliflower brings the perfect spice combo and top it off with toasted cashews and a squeeze of lime and boom there it is!
Tasty, Whole-food, Vegan Goodness!
1 Large Cauliflower
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
1 tsp Mustard Seeds
½ tsp Turmeric
½ tsp Cumin Powder
Salt & Pepper
1 tbsp Oil
200g Red Lentils
1 Red Onion Diced
2 Garlic Cloves Sliced
1 Chili (2/3 if you want it hot)
30g Fresh Coriander Chopped
3cm Fresh Ginger Diced
1 tsp Ground Coriander
1 tbsp Garam Masala
1 tsp Turmeric
2 tsp Ground Cumin
400ml Vegetable Stock
Handful of Cherry Tomatoes
Handful of Cashews
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Chop the cauliflower into small florets
- Put the oil and the spices into a mixing bowl and mix with the cauliflower to fully coat.
- Put the cauliflower into a baking tray and set aside.
- Prepare the veg for the dhal.
- Add the onion to the saucepan with oil and cook for a few mins to soften, then add the chilli, garlic, ginger and coriander and cook for a further 5mins.
- Add all the spices and cook for 30 seconds
- Add the lentils and chopped tomatoes stir to combine, then add the coconut milk and stock.
- Stir and let simmer for 20 mins, stirring occasionally to avoid sticking
- At this time put the cauliflower in the oven for 20mins as well
- After 10mins, when it has thickened, put in the cherry tomatoes and spinach and cook for the last 10mins. Taste and season as desired.
- Toast the cashew nuts on a low heat in a saucepan.
- Take the dhal off the heat and add the juice of half a lime.
- Take the cauliflower out of the oven.
- Dish up the dhal at the base and the cauliflower on top, then top with toasted cashews and a few coriander leaves.