A vegan staple, the Buddha bowl – bursting with flavour, full of nutrients and best of all it is simple to make!
The pairing of maple roasted butternut squash and balsamic beets is a match made in heaven!
1 Butternut squash
Tender stem Broccoli
100g Couscous (50g per person)
Handful Cherry tomatoes
1cup Shredded Red cabbage
2 Tbsp Oil
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp Maple syrup
1 tsp Smoked paprika
1 tsp Cayenne pepper
Salt & Pepper
- Peel and dice the squash, add the squash and the oil to the bowl, toss to coat in oil then add the smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, maple syrup, salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Put the squash in a baking tray into the oven at 220°C for 30mins
- Put the red cabbage into a saucepan with 1 Tbsp of red wine vinegar and cook until tender – add water if necessary
- Chop the beets into quarters and add the balsamic vinegar and soy sauce with a pinch of salt and pepper
- Prepare the couscous
- Steam the broccoli
- Add each part to a bowl with a dollop of hummus and a sprinkle of seeds